Recipe: Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Crescent Rolls
This recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake Crescent Rolls is easy. So easy, in fact, that I debated if it was even worth posting. But this being the season for holiday entertaining, I’d be remiss if I didn’t share a recipe that would make the perfect addition to a brunch spread or dessert buffet. Best of all, it has only 3 ingredients, and comes together in a matter of minutes. It’s worth the effort, even if you plan on devouring them all yourself!
The idea for these Pumpkin Cheesecake Crescent Rolls actually happened quite randomly, on the morning of Thanksgiving. I had purchased a package of refrigerated crescent roll dough (which I rarely buy… but they were on sale AND I had a coupon!). I was planning to bake them up for a quick, pre-roadtrip breakfast, when I came across a new jar of Pumpkin Butter in the back of the fridge that my mom had bought. That’s when the gears started turning. I thought the Pumpkin Butter alone might be too sweet, but wondered if the addition of cream cheese could make it more savory, like a danish of sorts. The experiment turned out to be a success; here’s the delicious result!
- Refrigerated Crescent Roll dough
- Pumpkin Butter (mine was from Trader Joe’s)
- Cream Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 3 ounces of cream cheese in a small bowl.
- Microwave for about 10 seconds to soften.
- Add 3 tablespoons of pumpkin butter and stir.
- Roll out crescent roll dough on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spread the pumpkin cream cheese mixture over the dough.
- Using a knife, carefully cut each triangle of dough at the perforation lines.
- Roll up from largest side of triangle to smallest, creating a rolled crescent shape.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Yield: 8 rolls
These sound amazing! I am so into pumpkin right now… and cheese… and pastry… 😉
Glad that there’s someone else out there with a similar flavor palate!
Likewise. It’s hard to beat a winning combination, huh? 😉
yum! so going to try these! I just bought TJ’s pumpkin butter!
Isn’t TJ’s pumpkin butter delicious?! This was the first time I’ve ever tasted it and I am hooked! Let me know how they turn out for you 🙂
Love the fact there are only 3 ingredients…yet it looked like you spent your whole day baking!!
haha exactly! You can amaze and impress your guests 😉
OK trying this for a meeting I am going to Monday! So easy…no time…it works 🙂
Let me know how they turn out Cathy! I must admit, as I was making this I was thinking about your amazing pumpkin roll… I definitely missed it this year!
yum! this looks delicious
Thanks Ellie! They taste even better than they look 🙂